ChopSaver Lip Care was invented by a trumpet player. That trumpet player happens to be me, Dan Gosling. I created it for people like me who use and abuse their lips while playing a brass or woodwind instrument.
A few years after I developed it, I began to hear from Dermatologists. These Doctors were looking for something to treat the extreme chapped lips that can occur when their patients are taking a specific class of drug called isotretinoin, which is used for severe acne. The results were amazing and since then, we continue to receive sample requests from professionals in many other medical disciplines.
The following is a list of medical fields where ChopSaver has proven to be effective:
Dermatology – Side effects of isotretinoin
Oncology – Side effects of chemotherapies such as Erbitux and radiation
Pediatrics – Chapped lips and pacifier rash
Allergy – Side effects of allergy medications
Rheumatology – Sjögren’s Syndrome and auto-immune drug side effects
Psychiatry – Side effects of anti-depressants
Cardiology – Side effects of blood pressure medications
Oral Surgery – Post operation discomfort
Pulmonary – Dry lips from oxygen treatment (CPAP)
Endocrinology – Side effects of diabetes medications
In addition, any condition that causes dehydration will also cause drying and chapping of the lips.
Here are some other facts:
- It is estimated that 60 million Americans suffer from seasonal allergies alone. (University of Maryland Medical Center)
- 12 million people are living with cancer (American Cancer Society), many of whom will undergo chemo and radiation therapy, both of which can cause lip dryness.
- 5 million Americans undergo oral surgery every year, a procedure that can cause severe lip discomfort. (ABC News)
- 4 million Americans suffer from Sjögren’s Syndrome, an auto-immune disease that causes severe dry mouth and lips. (National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research)
- 34.2 million Americans of all ages (10.5% of the population) have diabetes, (CDC report, 2018)
To be clear, ChopSaver does not cure or prevent any diseases. But it makes a variety of medical conditions, and their treatments, easier to endure thus bringing relief to countless non-musicians every day. I am always humbled to know that a product that began in my kitchen continues to gain acceptance in the medical field.
If you know someone suffering from any of these ailments, give them a little comfort with ChopSaver Lip Care.